- Price Upon Request
- Beds 5 | Full Baths 5 | Half Baths 2
- Home ±8,453 sf | Lot ±.64 acre (27,710 sf)
- Main Level: Open family room with fireplace overlooking back porch and connecting gourmet chef's kitchen, formal dining room, and library. Kitchen includes soapstone island, two dishwashers, oversized Sub-Zero refrigerator, Scotsman ice maker, Viking commercial stove and oven, double sinks, and floor to ceiling (9 1/2 ft high) custom cabinets. Kitchen connects full breakfast room with sliding doors to back porch, walk-in pantry, and swinging butler door to formal dining room. Library designed by local craftsman Kennedy Woodwork contains wraparound floor-to-ceiling bookshelves with reading nook and sliding ladder. Main level also includes two half baths, oversized foyer entry way, two linen closets, and newly remodeled mud room with custom built-in lockers. Elevated porch spans over 80 feet and connects family room and breakfast area, ideal for indoor/outdoor living.
- Upper Level: Luxurious master suite with fireplace, sitting area, a spacious walk-in closet and beverage bar off master suite. Also includes additional bedroom with private bathroom, perfect for a nursery or home office.
- Lower Level: Entertain with separate living area complete with fireplace and French doors opening onto covered patio spanning the length of the home. Includes 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms (one Jack-n-Jill), one connecting room perfect for home fitness, a study nook, wine cellar, and enormous storage closets.
- Detached oversized three-car garage with covered entryway
- One street away from award-winning Harriton High School
- Zoned to top-rated Main Line schools: Gladwyne Elementary, Welsh Valley Middle, Harriton High
Located on a private cul-de-sac overlooking 25 acres of the Harriton Farm Preservation, this 19th century stable has 3 levels of living and entertainment space. An astonishing stone wall serves as the home’s axis and accommodates 3 floor-to-ceiling fireplaces, built from stone excavated on-site. The restoration of this historic property (listed on the National Register of Historic Places) won the Lower Merion Preservation Award in 2005 after renowned architect R.D. Wesley spared no expense investing in incredibly fine workmanship and the best masonry, stone, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fixtures available. Since updated several times over, including adding a custom library and mudroom redesign, this ultra-private property maintains a timeless charm with exposed original beams, beautiful trusses, and deep window sills typical for such a stone colonial. As an expansive family home one block from Harriton High School, a private retreat abutting a forest of walking trails, or a refined space for entertaining, this Main Line original has no equal.